Thursday, October 30, 2008

Volleyball Legacies


I come into work and look through my photo requests for the day. And there it is... again. Another photo request for high school girl's volleyball. It seems like every day I get a request for more volleyball. After covering each team for past few weeks, in dark, cavernous gyms, the championships are finally taking place at New Jersey City University. And I am not just excited by the fact that I might be able to push my shutter speed over 1/200 of sec. I'm invested.

After watching these teams compete for the season, I have come to know the characters. Who the underdog is, who the favorites are. They all seem to know me as "that photographer guy". Their mothers cut out my photos and scrapbook them into their daughter's legacies.

I always root for the underdog, but this year they didn't win. I still got a photo published of them, knowing where those photos go.




More photos can be found at these galleries at the lovely Jersey Journal website:

McNair v. Holy Family

Memorial vs. Bayonne



No comments: