Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Hanukkah



Living in Borough Park, Brooklyn really is like living in a neighborhood of Jerusalem. Men in black coats and broad brimmed black hats shuffle up and down my street, stroking long beards. The women hide their hair under scarves or wigs. Everyone speaks Yiddish. Every store is kosher. It is odd exposure, living in the Hasidic New York. But I don't think there could be a more truly diverse experience. And luckily I am four stops to China Town.

Tonight in Hoboken I spent the first night of Hanukkah with a governor, a congressman, a mayor and a Rabbi. There is a good joke there, but I will leave it to the imagination. But, as all my neighbors light the first candle, I'll share with a photos and say Happy Hanukkah.

1 comment:

Kai-Huei Yau said...

Great light and composition on that main photo.